Monday, September 8, 2008

First trip into the city!


The ferry is the fastest way to get into the city, even better its free!


The ever so famous Statue of Liberty. The Staten Island Ferry takes you right by it, not the best pic but I will be sure to get a better one soon!




This is a sculpture that was in the world trade center before September 11th, it is now in Battery Park as a reminder of all those who lost their lives during the tragedy.




Sunday night I went into the city for the first time and all I have to say is I am so so so excited to go in and do some serious shopping! I went with the nicest family in my ward, the Ellis', they live right around the corner from me and they have been so nice and made me feel so welcome. There are so many street vendors selling handbags and tons of clothing and shoes stores. New York is my kind of place, I can't wait to go back in and do some serious shopping damage!!! I went to battery park, which is right where the staten island ferry drops you off and I got to see parts of Union Square. There is a lot to do so we only saw a small part of the city. So here are just a few pics I was able to take of my first night in the city! There will be many more to come.

1 comment:

Britni said...

Looks like a heck of a lot of fun! I can't wait to go to New York one day to do some shopping damage myself!